Friday, August 12, 2005

Police and anger

There is one easy way to work off anger : walk. 11km from the PSB to my hotel. Got lost in the Hutong (old narrow alleys of grey houses being bulldozed to make way for "modern" highrise), found a street that had a park running through the middle of it. Got to the main shopping district and found another lovely park, running by a river parallel to a main road.
Then I found myself walking out into the middle of Tiananmen square. 2 girls approached me - students on holiday from Xi'an. They asked me what I thought of China. I gave them an honest answer, which was a bad move. I think they were genuinely offended at what I had to say about the government... quite ironic given where we were standing at the moment. We stood around and watched the flag-lowering ceremony (bunch of dudes with sharp bayonettes doing the flag-lowering thing), and met a Korean guy who was cool.

1 Comments:

Blogger jerry said...

hi,kerzyszof,いい写真結構ありましたね、
これから、引き続き読ませていただきます。
たぶんkerzyszofは中国の政治に関してはよく
知ってると思います、真実から逃れていく国民だらけだ。

3:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home