Sunday, August 07, 2005

There and back again

Looking out over the mist settling on the corn fields, I felt weird... What does it mean to return to a place? It means to take yourself then and now and to perform arithmatic:
"the body is a device to calculate the anatomy of the spirit" - Rumi
I'll keep the conclusions to myself.
The train ride was more exciting than the others (which isn't saying much). Sat next to a girl who was studying English. Her mother told me I was handsome. The girl said, "it's true." Then they had to move because they didn't have seat numbers. The dudes next to me played cards. I read "Tess of the D'Ubervilles" (Thomas Hardy), ate noodles, drank beer.
West Beijing train station made me think "how did these people get the olympics" once again. A badly sign-posted, circular mess of multi-storey walkways which eventually led to a bus station. Caught the right bus. Talked to a pretty girl on the bus who was studying German, got off with her help at the right place and eventually found the right hotel.
The two people I was sharing dorm with weren't there. I left my door open... and there was Damien (Karakol, Kyrgyzstan). Nice to catch up - he got robbed in Mongolia and the cops didn't bat an eyelid, or fill out a report... In other news, he'd bought a laptop and was getting heaps of DVDs. To my great surprise, he has a liking for Visual-K. So, we sat around watching Malice Mizer concerts (Ahh, Gackt is so beautiful...) and talking to the dodgy Egyptians sharing his room about John Winston Howard.
Oh, a joke...
Q: Why can't John Howard be circumsized?
A: Because there's no end to the prick!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home